Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury

At the Injury Recovery Group in California, our attorneys believe it is important to educate our clients about their rights and legal options after an accident. Below are frequently asked questions we hear at our firm and our responses.

How will I pay for medical bills and expenses after my accident? You may be able to file a claim with your insurance company and pursue a legal claim against the other party to help recover damages to pay for your medical expenses and financial losses. Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated to determine the best course of action to take.

I was injured on someone else's property. Do I have a claim? Property owners can be held liable for unsafe or dangerous premises. If you have been injured on someone else's property due to a safety hazard or negligence by the owner, you may be able to file a claim against them to seek damages to pay for your medical care, lost wages and other damages.

I think I was partially to blame for the car accident. Do I still have a case? You may still have a claim after an accident. We will evaluate all of the facts to determine liability and what options are available to help you obtain compensation after a crash.

How long do I have to file a claim? You have two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury claim in most personal injury cases in California. This time frame is shorter if you are pursuing an action against the government. Seeking legal counsel right away is in your best interests to avoid missing the statute of limitations for filing a claim.

Who can file a wrongful death claim? Spouses, children, parents or the right of the estate can file a wrongful death claim in California.

The insurance company said I don't need a lawyer. Why should I have one? The Insurance companies have teams of lawyers, why shouldn't you? An attorney will protect your best interests and make sure all options for recovery are explored. The insurance company is not looking out for you — they are trying to settle your claim for as little as possible. We will make sure all avenues are explored to help you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries and financial losses.

Will my case go to trial? It depends. Every case is different and has different goals. We prepare every case to go to trial, to protect your interests and to find the best possible outcome for you.

What should I bring to our first meeting? Bring any documentation related to your accident. This can include medical records documenting your injuries, police reports, photographs related to the accident or the damages sustained, accident reconstruction reports, witness contact information and anything else related to your case. This information will help us get a clearer picture of what happened and what options we can pursue.

Learn About Your Options. Schedule A Free Consultation With Us.

We represent victims and families in Orange County and throughout California in all types of personal injury claims. We provide personal attention to you from the moment we speak with you. Learn more about your options and how we can help by scheduling a free consultation. Call 310-893-0062 or contact us online. We speak Spanish and Farsi.